We are thankful for the support we receive from many generous volunteers, participants, donors and friends.
Get involved today!
Research Internship (Unpaid)
The Canadian Centre for Diversity is a national educational charity that informs and educates Canadians about the value of diversity, difference and inclusion.
Our flagship program, the Peer Leaders Network, is focused on Canadian youth and leads to the creation of safe and inclusive schools and communities that enable all students to develop to their fullest potential. It fosters greater awareness and respect for difference in high school students, and motivates Peer Leaders to become the catalysts for positive social change.
This unpaid internship will focus on locating, vetting, and cataloguing scholarly and professional publications, resources, and materials on the following topics:
1. Theoretical foundations and frameworks for K-12 diversity and social justice education;
2. Curriculum designs for diversity and social justice programs;
3. Promoting a positive school climate (safe, inclusive, and accepting schools);
4. Teacher professional development for diversity education;
5. Social and emotional learning;
6. Human rights education at the high school level;
7. Diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Intern will:
1. Collect and organize all digital and non-digital research using a variety of internal tools and processes to build a professional database/library of relevant resources;
2. Report to and meet with the Director of Programs on a regular basis to provide updates and discuss ongoing research;
3. Compile a brief report (or reports) on findings towards the end of the internship and/or whenever appropriate research milestones are reached.
The Intern commits to a 3-month internship (with possibility of extension) and 10-15 hours per week, working either from home or at the Canadian Centre for Diversity office.
If you are interested in this internship please email a cover letter and CV to Konrad Glogowski, Director of Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact us at email@example.com or call 416.597.9693